Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mommy and Caleb Weekend

I decided to take a break from Tellico this weekend and get some things done around the house. Ryan  still went because he had some projects to do in Tellico himself. On Friday evening, Caleb and I settled in for a comfortable night at home. The house was really quiet and peaceful. When Caleb went to bed, I decided to start my own project for the weekend. I scrubbed the floor in my laundry room. It is painted concrete and had quite a bit of grime from Ryan walking in from the garage. Slowly, I moved everything out including the washer and dryer. I started mudding the drywall and laid out the tile for the floor. Progress was slow, but going steady. Caleb started crying and I heard him from the monitor. As I turned quickly to run to him, I managed to cut my arm on something in my hubby's garage. I still don't know exactly what I did, but all I know was there was blood dripping everywhere. As soon as Caleb drifted back to sleep, I realized that I was burning up and absolutely exhausted. I sat down in my recliner and was out before I knew it!

Saturday morning Caleb and I got up and started our day. He was being pretty clingy, so I didn't have a chance to clean as much as I had hoped. We decided to join my in-laws for some time in their pool. Caleb loves the water and wore himself out trying to "swim". We brought his portable swing outside on the deck and he slept for quite a while in the shade. For the first time in about two years, I got to lay out and get some sun! It felt Heavenly! I did get a little red, but it was so relaxing it was well worth it!

Caleb woke up and swam a little more. When we headed in to get dry and grab something to eat, we took a quick picture!

Nana and Pappy had a surprise for Caleb too. They got him a walker to play in while he stays with them on Sundays!

Caleb "helped" them put it together. That's something about baby toys: you always need the instructions and there are fifteen million pieces to assemble!

Somehow or another, it's always worth it!

When we got home, Caleb had a relaxing bath and fell asleep quickly. I ended up watching a couple of Lifetime movies and went to bed myself. Unfortunately, Caleb woke me up at 2:30 am with a stuffy nose. He couldn't keep his paci in and breathe, so therefore he couldn't sleep. I ended up rocking him in the recliner the rest of the night. We slept a little off and on, but not nearly enough! When we got to work this morning, his cold had gotten worse. He sneezed constantly and I kept having to wipe his poor little nose. It's miserable having a cold during the summer. As soon as he saw Daddy this morning his little face just lit up! That's the longest Ryan has ever been away from him and Caleb just didn't understand. I bet there will be lots of snuggling at bedtime tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...