Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Upholstering a Seat Base

I admitted to you all that I'm not very crafty earlier this week. While this may not be a big deal to some of you talented people out there, I'm awful proud of this project! Ha!

For those of you like me, here's a recap of how I did it. It was super easy (don't know why I was intimidated) and it took about 10 minutes from start to finish.

You need a way to get the old fabric off. I had tiny nails holding the fabric onto the base, so I used a hammer.

Hubby let me use his staple gun to attach my new fabric.

I laid the base face down on the fabric.
Then I stretched it smooth and attached it with staples all the way around.
Any excess in the back was trimmed off.

And here's my newly upholstered chair:

I am wanting to repaint the chair in the near future, but it already looks a million times better!
Super Simple...Super Cheap...Big Difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...