Friday, September 9, 2011

Catching Up....

I have several pictures to share now that life is slowly returning to normal....
My mother-in-law's birthday was on Sunday. 
Ryan and I created this box and filled it with pictures for her. 

We got a small wooden box, sanded it down, primered and painted it a glossy almond color.
I cut down a favorite sheet of scrapbook paper for the inside and used Mod Podge to seal it in.
The picture on the top is one of my favorites and I used Mod Podge on it as well.

I also wanted to try something a little different.
I cut a picture of Caleb out in a circle and adhered it to the back of a clear glass plate.
When the Mod Podge dried, Ryan wet sanded the back completely and dried it off.
We used some rubbing alcohol to clean it and then spray painted it a pretty blue. 
We covered the whole back side of the plate with the paint.
Super cute plate to display around the house.

Speaking of the cute inspiration for my projects...

On Tuesday evening, we all went to Mom and Dad's for a delicious rib dinner!
Caleb and Zoey were so sweet together. I didn't get many pictures because I was laughing so hard.
I had waited two years to see them finally play together like that did that night.
Caleb would chase Zoey around Mom's dining room table....there was tons of screaming, squealing, and giggling out of the two of them! Then Granddaddy had to get in the floor to wrestle them! It was so sweet!

Zoey is getting so pretty! I just love her curls.

On Tuesday night we had to stay at the marina since we still didn't have power....
I felt so spoiled waking up to see the beautiful lake and boats....Caleb loved it so much he pitched a fit when it was time to leave!
Wednesday evening, we came home to a house with power! Praise the Lord!
We were able to save everything in the fridge and freezers by running a small generator to keep them going.
I decided to cook hubby an awesome steak dinner....

A week ago I baked these potatoes and split them in half. I scooped out the inside and put it in my stand mixer. I added one package of cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sour cream. I mixed it all together and refilled the shells. I put them on a cookie sheet and threw them in the freezer for an hour. When they were solid, I put them in freezer bags and use as needed. That way they don't stick together and get messy! I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and baked them again for 45 minutes. They were amazing!!!!

Hubby grilled us bacon wrapped filet mignon.
It was so amazing!!!

This week has been super busy for us at work....
This beautiful baby arrived and is being assembled in our parking lot!
This is our new 40 ton travelift....

It is remote controlled, so hubby gets to stand away from the machine and operate it. 

I am still amazed at this piece of equipment built by Ascom. 
Ryan has operated the current lift (built in the '60s) for the past six years and she's a very temperamental piece of equipment. This new machine is the latest and greatest in safety and technology!
And she's Italian....I think she and my husband will get along wonderfully for years to come!

Caleb and I went grocery shopping last night and I am proud to say that we have started our first pot of chili of the season! My crockpot will cook it all day while we work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...