- Provide an alarm clock for your guests to use.
- Clear out some closet space and dresser drawers. Provide a few hangers as well.
- Provide extra pillows and blankets in the closet.
- Set out a couple of bottles of water.
- Check your lamps and make sure they are plugged in and work properly.
- Check the batteries in your TV remotes.
- Set out a few of your favorite magazines or favorite books.
Right before your guests arrive, light a candle and set out a couple of snacks next to your bottles of water. Peanuts and chocolate would be a nice touch. Set out some fresh flowers to welcome guests into your home!
You may also want to keep the following new toiletry items on hand:
- A couple of toothbrushes
- Bar of Soap
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Contact Case and Solution
If you buy the small travel samples, you can be ready for things that your guests may have forgotten to pack. If you get free product samples of any of these items from companies promoting their stuff, you can save money this way. You can keep these items in a basket in your guest bathroom just in case!