- Pine Sol or Murphy's Oil Soap
- Bucket for Water and Cleaning Solution
- Cleaning Rags (I normally use about 5-10 during this whole process)
- Vacuum or Broom and Mop
Living Room Cleaning Checklist:
- Pick up all toys and put in a designated toy basket. Now would be a great time to sort through broken or rarely used toys and donate them.
- Return extra toys to designated playroom or bedroom.
- Clean off all shelves and tables.
- Sort through books and magazines. Donate or sell books or magazines you no longer want to keep. Store those that will be kept on a bookshelf.
- Dust ceiling and light fixtures.
- Wash light fixtures, if needed.
- Replace light bulbs in fixtures, if needed.
- Dust walls, shelves, and door frames. Clean fingerprints from walls and light switch plates. I like to use Murphy's Oil Soap or Pine Sol diluted in a bucket of warm water.
- Clean mirrors and windows.
- Wipe TV screen.
- Dust tables.
- Vacuum and spot clean furniture as needed.
- Vacuum and clean under furniture.
- Clean baseboards.
- Vacuum or mop floors.
To maintain during the season:
- Put away toys and used items daily. ( I usually do this right after my son has gone to bed! )
- Vacuum and dust as needed, but aim for at least weekly.
For an Extra Touch:
- Light candles before guests arrive.
- Decorate your mantle and/or shelves for the season.
- Check the condition of your curtains and repair or replace as needed.
- Add decorative pillows to your couches or chairs.
- Keep a basket of folded blankets for guests to use if needed.