- No one ever tells you that you can literally plateau for a month or more.
- No one ever tells you that you looked really bad when you were bigger....until you've lost a significant amount of weight!
- No one ever tells you that along the way your friendships will change. You'll find new friends that support the healthier you, and you will have to let some friendships go.
- No one ever tells you that some people will get jealous of your success.
- No one ever tells you that people you didn't really know before would be pulling for you to reach your goals.
- No one ever tells you about the random emails from ex-whatevers you will get saying, "You are so beautiful now. I should have never let you go. Blah, blah, blah. Please x,y or z with me." Nothing prepares you for that unwanted attention. Puh-lease! My husband loved me no matter what size I was (and he's seen them all).
- No one ever tells you that sometimes you will just really miss your comfort foods.
- No one ever tells you that it takes a long time for your self-esteem to catch up with your weight loss.
- No one ever tells you sometimes you will just sit and cry over clothes. Whether it's fitting into a new pair of smaller jeans or throwing away your "fat" pair, sometimes you've just gotta cry over the pure joy.
- No one ever tells you that your hormones may possibly go nuts after losing a lot of weight. Turns out the extra fat stored in your body contains a lot of estrogen. When you lose that fat, the hormones can fluctuate. Fabulous, right?
- No one ever tells you how amazing it feels to be able to sit in a swing, ride a rollercoaster, and be comfortable in a theater seat.
- No one ever tells you how awesome it is when your husband points out that he can feel your shoulder/hip bones and ribs for the first time.
- No one ever tells you how sweet it is when your kid tells you that you're little.
- No one ever tells you that eventually you'll stop hiding behind someone when there's a camera.
That's pretty much what I've discovered so far...
Holy cow! I was bigger than my husband and my daddy!
Here are those same pants, by the way: