It's getting closer to the beginning of another year. All of the fitness, health and weight loss groups I belong to are gearing up for all of those New Year's resolutions. For the first time since I started my weight loss journey, I am actually considering something new. I've seen plenty of New Year's challenges and I think I'd like to jump in one.
In the past my weight loss journey has been all about me figuring out what works best for me. For a while that method worked just fine. I stayed in that little comfort zone for so long and everything became a habit. That was all fine and good as long as it worked. I came here and shared my progress. It was all so controlled. You saw the pretty parts of it. When I was obese, the weight came off easier and faster with smaller changes to my diet and activity level.
I've always approached my weight loss solo. Over the past few months as I have struggled to lose more, I have also learned that it's absolutely okay to reach out for some extra help. Once I opened my mind to that, I found some amazing new resources and have made some pretty good friends.
This year I have challenged myself to step outside of my comfort zones and push myself towards better things. For 2014, I see myself having to change things up completely.
- I want to share what is and isn't working for me a little more here.
- I'm going to be braver in Zumba. It's very difficult for me to not hide in the far back corner and pray no one sees me! (I've actually been working on this one a bit.)
- I want to push myself to lift more consistently and more frequently.
- I am beginning to battle my constant issue with food and I want to continue finding ways to eat healthy, but still enjoy my cheat foods from time to time.
- I want to stop and just enjoy the progress. I feel sometimes like I'm hopping from one goal to the next without celebrating the beauty that comes from reaching a goal. I want to learn to enjoy it.
So there's my short list for the upcoming year. What are you working on?