I was asked recently what isn't awesome about losing over 87 pounds. I really had to think on this one... On the surface everything seems unbelievably great. I'm so grateful and excited about it that I really don't dwell on the negative.
The more I let the question sit in the back of my mind.... the more I noticed things.
I think the biggest thing that bothers me about losing this weight is how people react to me now....
- Some people judge my appearance even more so now. Maybe I'm looking too skinny to some... maybe I've still got some "problem areas"....I think my weight loss allows some people to openly discuss it.
- I get a lot more attention from men now. I'm not comfortable with it and I have no idea how to take it. I never know how to respond. It's like I don't want to be bratty and rude, but come on! I am completely taken! Seriously....not interested.
- People naturally assume I just eat bland rabbit food or that I don't eat at all. People, I love food! I love to eat!!! I just make better choices most of the time.
- Some people like to think I have some "special secret" to all of this. Friends, I sure wish I did. It would make my life so much easier. Unfortunately I just commit every single day to living better. That's it...there's not a magic formula.
- I have plenty of friends and family that don't "get me" now. They don't understand why I do what I do or why I love Zumba and coming up with new recipes that are figure friendly. It's my passion...it's what I think about day in and day out.
- It's tough showing people in real life my before pictures if they didn't know me then. I never really expected that... I get shy about it and it's hard for me to talk about. It's hard explaining it. It's kinda like I really want to show people who I was to explain who I am now, but it's hard showing the ugliest time in my life.