I get a lot of questions about my Zumba® Fitness calorie burn. So many people have asked how many calories I'm burning during my Zumba® classes. I use my Polar FT4 to track my workouts, calories, and heart rate.
After the first hour, I had a total of 656 calories.
I kept going for a second hour and had a total of 1295 calories.
I posted these to Facebook after my workout and someone was curious about how I am able to burn this many calories.
How I increase my Zumba® Fitness calorie burn:
- I am a very high energy person. I'm one of those annoyingly bouncy, let's get going, pumped up kinda people.
- I always choose the high energy option for each song.
- Big, full movements. The bigger I move, the more I burn.
- I use my arms. Anything shoulder level or above is elevating my calorie burn. So....lift those arms up!
- I build muscle throughout the week. Muscle burns more calories, so when I engage those muscles I am burning more.
- I love the music and it gets me motivated to push harder.
- Go all out. Push harder a little bit every week and it will eventually build. Sure, it's tough but it is worth it.
- Move between the songs. When the music changes, don't stop moving!