Since I discussed changing our diets yesterday, I thought I'd show you what's on the menu this week....
Breakfasts: Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and grapes. Caleb sometimes eats rice Chex cereal which is gluten free. Ryan and I have a glass of grapefruit juice and Caleb drinks milk.
Lunch: Mostly leftovers from the night before with a large salad. If we don't have leftovers from the night before, we top our salads with tuna or chopped ham.
- Turkey sausage with jambalaya. I make ours with brown rice. Grab the recipe HERE.
- Grilled chicken legs seasoned with lemon pepper seasoning. I serve with grilled veggies.
- Stir fry with low sodium sauce and diced chicken.
- Grilled chicken breasts, apples and raisins, and grilled veggies.
- Steaks with sweet potatoes and veggies.
- Hard boiled eggs
- Fresh fruit
- Beef jerky
We grilled lots of veggies... Cauliflower, broccoli, squash, zucchini, brussel sprouts, corn on the cob, and mushrooms are some of our favorites. We just toss whatever we have into tin foil and make a packet. It grills right beside our meats and we have an awesome meal. You have so much flexibility with this. Just throw some protein and veggies together...add in some good carbs (sweet potatoes and fruit) and you're good to go. Don't over complicate things. Totally easy!