I've been mostly quiet because my weight has been climbing out of control. All this time I've been trying and failing. My workouts have been the same. My food was a little bit iffy. I was feeling run down and drained, but y'all we've had a lot going on lately. I just couldn't figure out why things were just so bad out of control. I haven't had real progression in weight loss since June. I've been gaining and losing the same weight for months....
I decided it was time for a doctor's visit. My energy levels were just way off and I was thinking possibly a vitamin deficiency of some sort or possibly a thyroid issue. I felt run down, irritable, and exhausted. Long story short: We drew lots of blood. I have severe allergies this time of year that caused my inner ear to go nuts and I get dizzy spells. Then I have a pinched nerve in my neck causing my arm to go numb. Finally, I have an active Epstein Barr virus running through my system. 95% of adults have this virus that lays dormant in their bodies. During times of stress and sickness, it can become active and cause all kinds of fun problems. It's rare, but happens. A lot of the time, mono accompanies this active virus. I was tested for mono and it was thankfully negative. The active stages of this virus will make me feel exhausted and blah. So.... I finally had answers that I have been questioning for months.
I was at first very overwhelmed with everything last week. My body was angry and it could be months for this virus to move back into a dormant stage. I don't have to worry about getting anyone sick because most people have it anyways, mine is just in an active stage. But, I do not have time for this! I cried to my husband about how I knew something wasn't quite right and I felt so overwhelmed with it all. And that's when I turned towards nutrition once again to heal me. I am still in the beginning stages of trying this all out, but something is actually working.
You know I'm an open book here and I have a huge heart for helping anyone I can. With big bloggers this is about the time that they start asking you to pay for a program. I am a small time blogger. I am not going to do that. Everything I will tell you is one hundred percent free. The information is already out there and I don't recommend anything that doesn't work for me.
When I started researching nutritional healing, I stumbled across issues with gluten. Y'all know I have not wanted to give up my grains since I started losing weight. I refused. Put my foot down. Not gonna happen. I started reading more and more about the Whole 30 approach to eating. Basically for thirty days you remove foods that cause inflammation and allow your body to reset. Gluten, sugar, grains, legumes (beans), alcohol, dairy, processed junk.... Go back to the basics. Lean meats, veggies, fruits, good fats. Real simple food.
Thursday morning... I weighed 163.8. On Tuesday morning, I weighed 151.8. Y'all...... That's 12 whoppin' pounds!
Are you ready for allllll the crazy details?
- Get the junk out!!!!
- No cheating. Whatsoever.... Those bigger bloggers? They say something along the lines of #onpoint or some mess like that. I am not going there... You are welcome.
- Give it 30 days. We can do anything for 30 days, right?!? It's one month out of your entire life to give something one hundred percent.
- The apple-cinnamon infused water? Drink it. Every day. All day. That's not Whole 30.... That's Whole Wendy approved.
- You will detox when you remove the crap from your body. It is part of it, it is expected, and it feels amazing on the other side of it.
- Good, quality foods only! I will share my specific meals tomorrow. You have to come back for that because this post is nuts!
- Focus on the things you CAN eat instead of the ones you cannot. I am not restricting calories and I am very satisfied. This is about healing our bodies and the weight loss is directly influenced.
I have noticed in five days that my joints aren't as stiff. I am slowly getting my energy levels back. I am happier because my body is beginning to feel better!