First of all I need to thank Melissa for the nomination! Check out her blog here: http://mylifeasafolz.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html
The rules, should you be nominated:
1. If you were nominated, post 11 things about yourselves.
2. Then answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you created.
3. Create 11 more questions to ask the bloggers you decided to nominate.
4. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate with less than 200 followers.
5. Make sure and let these people know you nominated them! No tag backs, so don't nominate someone who nominated you.
11 things about myself:
1. I used to clog growing up and I absolutely loved it. I won a couple of talent shows when I was in school and have performed at Dollywood, Gatlinburg, and several parades. I really miss it sometimes!
2. I have not scrapbooked since my son was three months old....He turns 3 in just a couple of weeks.
3. I am really a nerd at heart. Bring on the school/office supplies and I'm a happy girl! My husband teases me about my Sticky Note obsession. We are complete opposites and he cannot believe he actually married a nerd!
4. I secretly cannot wait to wear those sports jerseys that say "Mom Of
4. I honestly don't know how people survive the Terrible Two's and/or Horrible Three's with a child and decide to continue having more. Why in the world would anyone go back for more of that?!?!?
5. I have an insane obsession with cleaning. I collect cleaning products. Love the smell of Pine Sol. I love sitting in the house right after it's been cleaned.
6. I drink over a pot of coffee every single day. I am a much more pleasant person with coffee running through my veins. I hate coffee without flavored creamer in it. Doesn't really matter which kind as long as it's there.
7. I have slight crushes on Harrison Ford, George Strait, and Patrick Swayze. Absolutely good lookin' men.
8. I get very aggravated telling someone the same thing more than twice. I feel like I do that a LOT with a couple of people on a daily basis....
9. I was an awkward tween/teen. Not my favorite part of my life. I enjoy being an adult much more!
10. I'm secretly really shy, but I sell boats and deal with customers a lot. I can talk to a complete stranger much easier than I can talk to someone I'm trying to get to know better. For some reason it's more intimidating...
11. I am extremely bossy. I hate that part of me, but it's totally in my nature. I am trying to control it more often especially since I'm seeing that trait coming out in my child. It's the absolute most difficult thing for me to change about myself. I've always been a take charge and run with it kind of person.
11 Questions for Melissa's nominees:
1. What’s your favorite hobby?
Definitely scrapbooking, shopping for the house, cleaning (yes, I know that's strange), and taking pictures.
2. Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
Nope, no pets right now.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
I would enjoy living in Italy for a bit. Realistically, I would live happily on the Outer Banks of North Carolina for the rest of my life.
4. What do you write about in your blog?
A little bit of everything. I'll pretty much say whatever is on my mind! I typically talk about our ever-hectic lives, Caleb, food, weight loss, our home, and boat project.
5. What’s your favorite healthy recipe?
I love veggie soup. I make mine with V8 juice to give it a kick. I just dump veggies and spicy V8 into a crockpot and I'm good to go. Quick and easy!
6. If you could give one “diet” tip what would it be?
Drink enough water! Your body works so much better when it's hydrated. You'll be so surprised to see the difference.
7. Where do you get your motivation?
I get it through my Before and After pics as well as staying accountable on my blog.
8. Who do you most look up to and why?
I look up to my dad a lot. He's always so good with people and thinks quick in a moment. I've seen him go through a major disaster at work (a tornado) and how he made choices along the way to get it cleaned up. I got to work next to him after that and he has my respect. I also admire my mom. She lost her mother at a young age and helped to raise the children in the family younger than her (a family with 12 kids). I watch as she still stays strong for all of them through tough times. I also admire her thought process and creativity with any project she tackles.
9. What are your goals? Either for this year or next? I intend to lose my remaining 20 pounds to reach my weight loss goals. I also want to finish my boat project. And I really hope to make it through my son's tough age of three right now. Man, that attitude is killing me!!!
10. What’s your go to “cheat meal”/indulgence?
Mexican food. Honestly cannot get enough of it!!!
11. How do you de-stress?
I read....all the time. Or I clean. Nothing makes me happier!
11 Questions for My Nominees:
1. What do you struggle with right now?
2. What's your favorite comfort food?
3. What can you do really well that's unusual?
4. What can you cook that everyone absolutely loves?
5. What inspires you?
6. What do you see yourself doing in ten years?
7. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
8. What one word do you think describes you best?
9. What is your best feature?
10. What's your favorite time of the day and why?
11. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
I'm tagging :
Amanda at "Life with the Ledfords"
T.J. at "My Place in this Blogging World"
Crystal at "Crazy World of Crystal"
Rachel at "Football and Crowns...Life with the Browns"
Heather at "Our Memories and Moments"
Tiffany at "The Babbling Brunette"
Shannon at "Keeping Up With The Carters"
Samantha at "The LaMay Bakery"
Jessica at "Loving Life"
Nanny Dee at "New England Nanny"
Brittney at "Baseballs and Bows"